Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The masculine art of Balloon Arches

So for my helpful Youtube video, I chose a How To instructional video that showed me how to make balloon arches. (yes… I know… how manly of me, right?) I chose this video because I am getting married this summer, and my fiancé wants to have balloon arches over the dance floor at our reception. We checked at a couple places around town to see how much it would cost to have someone do it for us, and we were a little surprised. We were shocked to find that it would be about $50.00 per 8 feet of floor space, and considering we were needing two arches that would cover about 30 feet each, we were looking at bill of about $375.00.



Now considering I myself am a starving college student, and my fiancé is currently trying to make enough money to support the both of us, it’s needless to say that this wasn’t going to work. We decided to build the arches ourselves, but the problem was that we had no clue in how to do it. I recalled the Youtube assignment and figured I could kill two birds with one stone.



I found a video that was actually part one of a two part series. It was titled Making a Balloon Arch - part 1. I was pleased as I sat and watched a short video that did not waist much time in delivering straight forward instructions. I clicked on the second video which started off showing me how to solve the problem catching run away balloons, fallowed by more balloon arch instructions.







I would consider these videos helpful because of a few factors. First, the titles to the videos let me know exactly what I was going to see. Second, the instructions in the video were straight-forward and easy to fallow. Third, and most important, is the fact that these videos will end up saving me a lot of money!!


No comments: