Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Postsecrets Response

I visited the site, postsecrets.blogspot.com, and found it very interesting. I think the concept is pretty intriguing, that people send in their “postcards” that have some of their biggest secrets on them, and they are read by thousands of people. I suppose having a secret you’ve kept inside for so long, and then telling it to the world, would be relieving to some. I don’t know if I would personally get any gratification out of sending one of these cards in, but if it helps other people, than I think the site is doing a good thing. I’m sure that there are a few people that would send in a card that wasn’t truthful, but I’m sure that most people who send in the cards are telling the truth. Someone would have to have a real problem to send in a fake card to these people.
One of the cards that had the biggest impact on me is the one which said, “ I love my husband more than I love my daughter. I often wish she was NEVER born.” I don’t really know why it had such a big affect on me, but when I read it I became really saddened knowing there was a little girl out there who’s mother didn’t love her. I know that when I’m having a hard time, it’s the love I get from my family and friends that helps me get through it, and it’s sad knowing she doesn’t have that. My favorite card out of the bunch was the “I NAIR my butt” card because I thought it was really funny at it made me laugh.

No comments: